top of page
I CORINTHIANS 14:40
“Let all things be done decently and in order”
The duties of a deacon are many in number and varied in character, but they can all be summarized under five (5) simple heads.
1. The care of the members of the household of faith.
2. The oversight of the door into the Church.
Admission to church-membership.
3. The charge of the door out of the Church -Discipline
4. The duty of caring for the general Spiritual welfare
of the household as a unit.
5. As the Superintendent of all the Temporalities of the Church, the duties of the deacons requires them to see that the Pastor receive support.
bottom of page